John G. Woodlee has experience at both the trial and appellate levels in a wide variety of state and federal civil matters, including contract and other business disputes, wrongful death lawsuits, employment discrimination litigation, actions seeking enforcement of non-competition and non-solicitation agreements, insurance coverage disputes, and land use litigation. John graduated summa cum laude from Mercer University in 2008 and magna cum laude from Duke University School of Law in 2011. After graduating from law school, John served for one year as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Gerald B. Tjoflat, a circuit judge for the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, until joining the Bedell Firm in 2012.
Area Of Practice
- Complex Commercial Litigation
- General Civil Litigation
- Appellate Litigation
- Florida, 2012
- Georgia, 2012
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- Duke University School of Law, Durham, North Carolina, 2011, J.D.
(Magna Cum Laude, Order of the Coif; Duke Law Journal, Articles Editor)
- Mercer University, Macon, Georgia, 2008, B.A., Philosophy, English
(Summa Cum Laude)
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Jacksonville Bar Association, Appellate Law and Commercial Litigation Committees
- Appellate Practice, Trial Lawyers, and Solo & Small Firm Sections of the Florida Bar
- Jacksonville Chapter of the Federal Bar Association
- Chester Bedell Inn of Court, Associate (2013-2014)
- Board of Directors, Jacksonville Area Legal Aid (Member, 2013-2020; First Vice President, 2018; President, 2019)
- Board of Directors, Jacksonville Community Coalition, Inc.
- District Court Review of Mandamus Proceedings in Land-Use Litigation: Certiorari or Appeal?
94 Fla. B.J., May/June 2020, at 42
- Note, Congressional Manipulation of the Sentencing Guideline for Child
Pornography Possession: An Argument for or Against Deference?
60 Duke L.J. 1015 (2011)
Past Employment Positions
- Judicial Law Clerk, The Honorable Gerald B. Tjoflat (2011-2012)