The Bedell Firm represents businesses, corporations, governments, non-profits, and individuals in a variety of matters in state and federal courts, including appellate proceedings, as well as in arbitrations and administrative hearings. In addition to trial matters, our attorneys handle mediations, settlement conferences, and other forms of alternative dispute resolution.
The firm’s experience spans a broad range of matters involving business disputes, shareholder disputes, torts, commercial litigation, and insurance coverage disputes, to name a few. And these matters have included class actions, multidistrict litigation, and “bet-the-company” matters.
As each case is unique, with its own factually and legally complex issues, Bedell attorneys are skilled to manage each case and apply the strategies and knowledge necessary to meet the client’s needs and achieve its objectives.
- Lead counsel for Florida mining companies in an appeal to set aside summary judgment and injunction preventing limestone mining in the Lake Belt area of wetlands in Miami-Dade County.
- Counsel for minority shareholder in closely held corporation in action against officers and directors for misuse of corporate funds and waste. The firm helped obtain a judgment against the corporation for $129 million, which was affirmed on appeal.
- Counsel for five Florida law firms that represented the State of Florida in tobacco litigation in their dispute with private counsel in other states over entitlement to four annual payments of $125 million as part of an attorneys’ fee settlement agreement.
- Counsel for three Justices of Florida Supreme Court in action to remove their names from merit retention election ballot based on alleged violation of certain qualification statutes.
- Counsel for state university defending claims of breach of contract, public records violations, and defamation, among others.
- Represented corporation in class action brought by local firefighters claiming entitlement to overtime pay.
- Represented coal-fired generating facility in claim that it had been deprived of incentives under access agreement. The firm obtained a judgment of $18 million for the client.
- Co-counsel in commercial trade libel case involving a prescription pharmaceutical product.
- Co-counsel in multidistrict class action concerning the disclosure and use of drivers’ personal information under the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act.
- Local counsel in patent litigation alleging infringement of patents related to the methods, systems, and apparatuses used to convert electromagnetic signals from higher frequencies to lower frequencies in computer chips.